Tremont MD-070-2000 MultiDensity Disk, 0.7 Micron Final Retention, 2.1cm Dia, Pack of 10
Free Shipping within the 48 contiguous united states
Brand new in its original packaging
Shop With Confidence
Trusted seller, fast shipping and easy returns.
Money Back Guarantee
Get the item you purchased or get your money back.
30 days returns. See details
Specialty glass microfiber media have unique material properties that may include: binderless, acrylic binder, organic binder, laminated, double laminated and hydrophobic. They also have efficiencies that range from medium to ultra high. Specific applications are listed in the specialty glass microfiber grade descriptions below.
MultiDensity Filter Discs, Standard and Thinner Versions
Using a newly developed production method Tremont produces MultiDensity™ filters with a choice of final retention stages of <0.5μm to 2.7μm (the same as Tremont's binderless glass microfiber line of products). A thinner MultiDensity™ Filter is now offered that offers faster flow rates. The unique MultiDensity™ filter has a robust prefilter built-in which captures particulate from >300μm and binds typically difficult to filter substances without clogging such as:
- Lipids (natural oils and waxes)
- Petrochemical oils, tars
- Cellular matter
- Irregularly granular matter
- Viscous suspensions and slurries
- Manifold vacuum filtration
- Short path extraction methods
- Positive pressure devices
- Structured devices such as inline filters & capsules
The flow and drainage rate is exceptionally rapid via its highly irregular surface formation which has high and low points that aid in the reduction of surface loading.
The unique fibers which sit on the outermost surface of the pre-filter side are designed to extend up and add further prefiltration structure similarly to glass floss. In standing solutions the prefilter side resists compaction causing surface plugging found in other common filter configurations.
The filter is free of binders, glues and resins which ensure a higher purity filtrate. These filters demonstrate very low extractables. This filter replaces multi pre-filtration stage products In applications where a series of prefilters are used to prepare sample prior to membrane filtration, saving time and reducing variability in extract signature upon analysis methods.
The borosilicate glass is highly resistive to aggressive solvents, acids* and base with a usable range of 0-14pH and a wide effective temperature range of -200 to 500 °C.
The final filtration stage is available in the same porosity range of IW Tremont's binderless glass line, including the newly introduced Grade A-83 Nano-Scale filter.
Note: For all International Orders, the buyer will be solely responsible for the customs clearance, duty, and taxes imposed on the package.
Technical Specifications for Specialty Glass Microfiber
- Grade Nomenclature: MD
- Usage: Fine filtering, high fluidic volume
- Particle Retention: Available 0.5 - 2.7μm
- Material Type: Varied Retention Binderless MultiDensity Borosilicate Glass Microfiber
- Thickness: 2.5 - 3.5mm
OEM and Custom Manufacturing
By utilizing a wide array of disciplines and resources we can modify an existing design or completely develop a new product or process. Cost efficiency is created with tight controls in timeline, budget, concurrent processes and production scale. We efficiently develop a viable early stage engineering plan to bring the project to your desired level of completion including short run, scale up and full commercialization.
- Wet lay processes for glass microfiber and cellulose media development
- Porous media development including modification of standard grades
- Hundreds of standard material grades in glass, cellulose and synthetics
- Converting such as slitting, die cutting, shearing, laminating & interleaving
- Component design for injection molding
- Component assembly using ultrasonic welding
- Inspection, insertion and encapsulation
- Device optimization and process consulting
- Short run to mid-volume manual operations
- Custom syringe and inline filter devices with integrity testing
- Kitting and special packaging
- ISO Class 8 & 9 clean room assembly and production
- Paper chemistry and pilot production
- Lateral flow device design and development
- Point of care device design
- Test strip production
- Micro gravure coating
- Rapid whole blood separation technologies
- Microfluidic device design
We Also Recommend
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.