Ohaus Starter STCON3 4 Ring Conductivity Electrode Water Analysis Cond Electrode
Free Shipping within the 48 contiguous united states
Brand new in its original packaging
Shop With Confidence
Trusted seller, fast shipping and easy returns.
Money Back Guarantee
Get the item you purchased or get your money back.
30 days returns. See details
Basic Theory of Conductivity
Conductivity is measured in a wide range of industries and gives a readout of total ionic concentration within the sample. It is a rapid and inexpensive way of determining the ionic strength of a solution.
A basic conductivity cell consists of a pair of electrodes that are placed in a sample. The ratio of the distance between the electrodes (D) and their surface area (A) is known as the cell constant K:
K= D/A [cm -1]
Each measuring cell has its own particular cell constant. It is recommended that you always determine the exact cell constant by using a calibration standard.
In contrast to a pH electrode, the measuring cell does not change with time, at least if the sensor is used properly. The cell constant changes only if the surface of the probe changes, for example
through ngerprints, deposits, scratches or enclosed air bubbles. The conductivity probe should be stored in a clean and dry environment.
The STCON3 utilizes the 4-ring potentiometric method for measuring conductivity, which incorporates a series of four stainless steel rings formed into the probe shaft. This design completely eliminates polarization, which occurs with the 2-plates amperometric method. Furthermore, without polarization the probe can measure a wider range of conductivity values
because it does not su er from electrolysis.
The STCON3 conductivity probe has a built-in temperature sensor which is 30k?. When using STCON3, please consider the following:
1. Make sure the plastic shield is in place when measuring.
2. Be sure the solution reached the line on the plastic shield and below the vent hole when measuring.
3. To prevent carry over from high to low conductivity solutions, rinse with distilled water between and after measurements.
4. Make sure the cell chamber is bubble-free.
5. Allow su cient time for the sensor to stabilize when measuring samples at di erent temperatures. A manual end-point is advised.
OHAUS Precision Powers the Starter Electrodes
- All sturdy and durable electrodes are constructed of either plastic or glass shafts and built to withstand daily use.
- All electrodes include a temperature sensor, which powers automatic temperature compensation and ensures accurate measurements.
- All electrodes fit perfectly in the electrode holders on OHAUS bench meters and electrode clips on all OHAUS portable meters.
|Measurement Range||3 ?S/cm - 200 mS/cm;
1 - 100 degree C
|Working Environment||10 degree C - 40 degree C, 85%RH, non-condensing|
|Working Environment||50 degree F - 104 degree F, 85%RH, non-condensing|
|Net Weight||85.0 g (3.0 oz)|
|Temperature Range||0 degree C - 100 degree C|
|Measurement Range (Temperature) -||0 degree C - 100 degree C|
|Dimensions (Length)||135.0 mm (5.3 in)|
|Conductivity measuring range||3 ?S/cm - 200 mS/cm|
|Cable (Length)||1.1 m|
|Dimensions (?Diameter)||15.0 mm (0.59 in)|
|Temperature Sensor||30 k?|
All orders are shipped within 48 hours Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm.
We use the following carriers to... Read More..
Our policy lasts 30 days of delivery has been delivered. If 30 days have gone by since your purchase, unfortunately we can’t offer you a refund if the item is damaged.
To be eligible... Read More..
We Also Recommend
Ohaus SD35 Compact Bench Scale Cap 77lb Read 0.05lb 2 Year Warranty
TPC Dental PC-2530 Portable Suction System with Warranty
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.